Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Some Recommended Reading

Over the past couple of weeks I've been devoting my blog time to doing some heavy strategic research and process development. I have a couple of books that I wanted to reccommend if anyone is interested in learning more about business strategy and market development.

The first one is Sun Tzu and the Art of Business. For some more information you can visit the Sun Tzu site, or check the book out at Amazon. I plan on going through the book on my blog in some more detail, as I work to relate it to not only web strategy, but specifically to how small businesses in Southern Oregon (my home) could use these principles to help deliver success.

The second quick mention is actually a text book I "read" while completing my masters work. I'm pulling a lot of good strategy information from it and working with it to develop some processes for performing small business strategic analysis and development. The name of the book is Crafting and Executing Strategy 15th edition, and is a standard Mcgraw-Hill publication. I believe mine is the international Edition. A quick google search should help you get some more info on it. I will also be walking through different ideas in this book to complement future blogs so stay tuned if you are interested in small business development and want some FREE info.

No comments:

Post a Comment